Thursday, February 16, 2017

Switching medication continued

February 8th - 16th
The first part of this week, I battled cold symptoms while going to work, and dealing with side effects  from the new medication and withdrawals from the old medication.
Ironically some of the withdrawals from Seroquel include nausea, headache, anxiety, excessive crying, nervousness, insomnia, and depression. So far I've had all of them except for excessive crying. I've come close to crying a few times but stopped myself. This is a good sign because I'm not a crier. You know something is seriously wrong when I start crying.
The second half of this week, my insomnia went away which is good because sleep is so very important with a mental illness. However, I have had to deal with the rest of them which has been magnified with the upheaval in my life right now.
That upheaval is this:
Next year, I have been told I have to teach a whole new grade level. This is hard for me because I hate change. I have taught 2nd grade my entire teaching career and I'm terrified. Also, I finally feel like I'm a really strong teacher in 2nd grade and now it's being taken away from me.
Too many things are happening all at once and it's been extremely difficult for me, Here is what it is for me all laid out:
I am working every day (Sunday - Sunday) now to try to pay off repairs for my cars, pay my medical bills, and take care of my household.  I am trying to get pregnant. I am monitoring all potential symptoms so that I don't relapse. I am in constant contact with my doctor. I am trying to do the best job I can at teaching while trying to handle work stress that comes from other people plus students that I'm trying to help. I'm dealing with family issues and trying to continue to be a good mom. I'm trying to stay on top of housework. This is all from a person who is considered disabled.
Through it all, I am attempting to stay positive. If it weren't for some very supportive people in my life, I would crash and burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment